Ua kumu, ua pua, ua laha.
Interested in learning to grow your own ʻōhiʻa lehua trees? Check out our video to learn how.
Got a new ‘ōhi’a tree?
Here are 5 simple care tips
- Plant it in a sunny spot where you will enjoy it.
- Dig the hole 2x larger than the size of the pot to give the new roots lots of room to grow.
- Don’t plant it too deep. Soil should not be higher than the level that it was in the pot.
- Water every 1-2 days for the first 6 months (no need if it rains).
- Protect your tree. Applying mulch retains moisture and acts as a buffer from weed-whackers.